- Food – In a world where some children think that meat grows in grocery stores it’s good to be reminded that the creatures of the forest and sea provide our sustenance. Unlike the meat in the grocery store, venison is not hormone fed, treated with chemicals and then shipped from far away. If you don’t have a taste for venison there are donation programs which let you help feed people who can reap the harvest of your effort. View photos from hunts at Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch.
- Healthy Exercise – Deer hunting gets people to do what they might not otherwise do – get off their chairs and recliners in front of a football game and move, hike through the woods, climb a tree and heft some weight a distance. Unlike going to a gym, this is real exercise to a productive purpose.
- Family Connection – A deer hunt with family or significant other either at an at-home group or a deer ranch, is a bonding experience that rarely occurs in day to day life. Away from the stress and distraction of daily life, surrounded by the beauty of nature there is a chance to relax and build family memories.
- The Real World – Day by day people are surrounded by civilization – roads, lawns, houses, offices, malls and so much more. On a deer ranch or in a forest, you can find your roots, a connection to something so often lost. There’s a reason it’s called “getting grounded” in finding a connection to the earth.
- Quiet Time to Reflect – Days are full of noise, radio, tv, internet, office buzz, traffic, television from morning to night. We’re bombarded with images so that there is no time to just sit and BE. One of the best parts of hunting is quiet time in a beautiful setting, time to just exist and soak up the quiet.
- Camping Connections – There is something special is a boys’ (or girls’) outing with the activities that suit – an evening of poker, a cigar, sports talk. There’s nothing like an evening by a campfire or fireplace with a group of friends and conversation about the day to cap a day of hunting. At Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch you will be greeted by the Hill family and the team at Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch. Donald, Angi and the rest of the Hill family represent 5 generations of conservation and hunting tradition. The team at Oak Creek includes experienced, friendly guides and staff devoted to making your stay a memorable one. The Hill’s have made Oak Creek and serving you, their life’s work.
- Recreation of the Best Sort - For most people the rush of day to day job and family give way to a rushed vacation – rushing to travel to the activities of a cruise, or activity driven vacation destination. Time at a deer hunting ranch with its slow pace, periods of quiet, easygoing evening conversations will create the perfect re-creation vacation. We pride ourselves at Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch with friendly service and excellent amenities.
Whether you’ve been hunting your whole life, or have never picked up a gun consider a deer hunting vacation to connect with family, friends, and make memories that will last a lifetime.