If you’re a fan of bow hunting, elk is one of the most exciting quarry to hunt. Bow hunting elk is a thrilling and adrenaline-filled adventure every hunter should experience at least once in his or her lifetime. When you hunt elk with privately owned elk hunting outfitters, you increase your chances of bagging a trophy bull while also getting more for your money by using hunting packages.
If this is your first time bow hunting elk there are some techniques you can use to get the most out of your experience.
- Take some time to study about elk. One of the best ways to increase your chances of success when you hunt elk is to learn all you can about the creature you’ll be tracking. Scour the internet, read books and watch television shows detailing their feeding and mating habits as well as their habitat and anatomy.
- Hone your bow hunting skills. Even at elk hunting outfitters where elk are plenty, you won’t be able to tag your dream animal with subpar archery skills. Go to the target range as much as possible and practice shooting in different positions and at different ranges. That way, when you hunt elk, you’ll feel confident in whatever situation you find yourself in when the prize bull comes in to view.
- Get yourself in good physical shape. Hunting is a physically demanding sport. Even if you’re staying with elk hunting outfitters in a five-star lodge you should still be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time. You don’t want your trophy elk to get away just because you couldn’t keep up.
- Prepare your hunting essentials. Make yourself a list and check it twice. To hunt elk you’ll want a well-tuned bow, extra bow string, and sturdy case to hold everything, including extra arrows and bowstring wax. Many elk hunting outfitters will provide basic bow hunting items, but it’s still a good idea to be acclimated with them before your outing.
- Get excited. Bow hunting elk is a one of a kind experience you’re sure to remember for the rest of your life – get excited about it! The beautiful outdoors, the demanding challenge and the thrill when you let your arrow fly are just a few of the reasons people like to hunt elk with a bow.
With the help of elk hunting outfitters, you can have fun bow hunting elk in a maintained environment and a high success rate. There’s nothing quite as exciting as your first elk hunt, and with these tips you’re sure to get yourself a trophy-worthy bull you’ll be proud to bring home.
At Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch we have plenty of trophy elk to go around. We have a new location which just opened up in 2011 and you can be one of the first to try it out. Everything is included in our hunting packages and we also provide taxidermy and processing services for affordable prices.