Elk hunting trips are a fun excuse to get a group together and enjoy the great outdoors for a few days while tracking one of the larger trophy animals around. Guided elk hunts are especially good for trophy elk hunting, especially if it’s your first time out. Some of the benefits of guided elk hunts are as follows:
- A familiarity with the area. Elk hunting trips are made easier and become more successful when you have someone in your party who knows the area. Guided elk hunts on a private ranch mean the guides are thoroughly familiar with the herd and know techniques to draw out the biggest bulls.
- Specialized training. A random person off the street can’t act as a guide for elk hunting trips. Most private ranches boasting trophy elk hunting require training and years of hunting experience. Guides are trained in sustainability and know a great deal about the elk and the environment they inhabit.
- Knowledge of hunting essentials. What caliber gun should you bring? What should you wear? Which licenses are necessary? Trophy elk hunting guides can provide you with information on all these aspects as well as arrange transportation and a place to hang your hat at the end of the day.
- Increased success rate. You dramatically improve your chances of bagging a trophy elk when you have a little help from the experts. Many of them have been doing this for years, and they know all the tricks of the trade which can help you get the shot on elk hunting trips.
- Controlled elk population. Many guided elk hunting trips come as part of a hunting package at a hunting outfitter. Hunting outfitters control the elk population by weeding out inferior bulls, providing top-quality nourishment for the animals and limiting the amount of hunting which takes place on the grounds.
- Camaraderie. Guided elk hunts at hunting outfitters get everyone involved in the process. When you visit a hunting lodge, they want you to leave happy. This means they’ll do everything they can to help you grab that trophy elk and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Many people say the best thing about guided elk huntsis at the end of the day, when everyone heads back to the lodge to relax and share their stories.
Trophy elk hunting is an event most people only dream of. Rather than trying to go about it all by yourself, get a little help through the use of a guide and hunting outfitters. This will help guarantee you come home with a trophy bull and memories you’ll enjoy for years to come.
Hunting elk is one of the most challenging things you’ll ever do, so Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch is here to assist you in your endeavors. Our guided elk hunts are wildly successful, with many hunters taking record book class elk. Contact us today to learn about how we can customize your trip to best suit your needs.